What Is JANUMET?
JANUMET is an oral prescription medicine that, along with diet and exercise, helps lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes. JANUMET (JAN-you-met) tablets contain 2 prescription medicines: sitagliptin (JANUVIA®) and metformin. Your doctor will determine whether JANUMET is right for you.
JANUMET targets 3 key factors to lower blood sugar:
- Helps your pancreas make more insulin
- Helps your body more effectively use the insulin that it makes
- Helps decrease excess sugar that your liver makes
- Helps control blood sugar throughout the day, including after meals
- Is not likely to cause weight gain and low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) by itself
Already Taking Metformin?
JANUMET can lower blood sugar more than metformin alone.
JANUMET is a powerful type 2 diabetes medicine that combines 2 prescription medicines, sitagliptin (JANUVIA®) and metformin, and can lower blood sugar more than the most commonly prescribed medicine (metformin). In clinical studies, nearly twice as many patients reached an A1C less than 7% taking JANUMET compared to those taking metformin alone.